Why it's Important to Wear the
Makeup Colors That Most Flatter You
Most all women want to wear makeup that looks great on them — the trouble is that most women don't know what colors keep their skin looking radiant and they often use colors that actually gray or muddy their skin tone!
The shade of your colors (for example lip and blush colors in plum, fuchsia, raspberry, red, red-coral, to coral and pinky oranges) is critical but it's also equally important to get the "clarity" (brightness) of your lip and blush colors perfect for you. If you don't know which shades and clarity are best for you find out now!
ALWAYS create a makeup look for yourself that compliments YOUR coloring, using
your best shades in your best clarity (brightness). No matter what is "in" fashion, stay
true to your coloring if you want to look, fresh, vibrant and younger.
Mistakes You Can't Afford To Make
- Foundation too dark, too pink or peachy.
- Using concealer incorrectly.
- Too much makeup.
- Too little makeup.
- Too brownish or orangy blush.
- Wearing a lipstick and blush together that do not compliment each other.
- Wearing too brownish a lipstick for your coloring.
- Wearing lipstick that is too bright for your coloring.
- Not matching your lipstick and blush to the red, plum, fuchsia, raspberry
or coral clothing you are wearing.
- Too reddish eyebrow pencil.
- Over-plucked/too thin eyebrows.
- Not "sketching" in missing eyebrows at outer edge.
- Too much, too dark, eyebrow pencil.
- Not brushing your eyebrows "up".
- Putting blush on forehead, nose and chin.
- Wearing too much blush.
- Wearing blush in the wrong place.
- Too brownish lip liner.
- Using unflattering eye shadow colors and not getting the placement right
for your eye shape.
- Too much eyeliner.
- Using eyeliner in such a way that makes your eyes look closer together
- Not blending eye shadow or eyeliner enough.
Do You Know What Your Best Colors Are?
Take our Makeup IQ quiz!